Nov 18, 2019
The changes brought by PDPM have allowed us - or forced us - to use groups in our treatment plans. Why should we? Why shouldn't we? Are groups a threat to our patient's care? Or an opportunity to use a vital piece of what drives us as humans to better serve older adults?
Join Nicole & Tali as they discuss some helpful tips when thinking about group therapy:
The W's of planning a group
1. WHO is this group for? (specific pts OR population to be served)
2. WHAT equipment do I need, and what safety concerns do I have?
3. WHERE can I set this group up to maximize success?
4. WHEN in my day is the best time to schedule this group?
5. WHY am I addressing this skill?
Follow up Questions
What did you learn?
What was the hardest part of the activity for you?
What is/ are your goals for rehab after this group?
If you enjoyed this episode, consider joining the GEROS Community!
You'll get 1) Access to the Private FB Group where we discuss the content (& much more) plus 2) the weekly Recap of highlights around the GEROS Community.
Sign up for free at http://GEROShealth.com/Join